Bronson

Chicken parmesan with extra marinara and a piece of warm crusty bread. Carrot cake and coffee for dessert.

"Bronson," 2008, directed by Nicolas Winding Refn, starring Tom Hardy. This is a violent and disturbing film, though well done. I chose it because it was mentioned in Blood, Sweat & Chrome as work Hardy had starred in prior to "Fury Road."

In this review by Roger Ebert, he concludes some people are just pure evil. I thought about that. The movie doesn't tell us, it avoids conclusions.

The storytelling seems to emanate from Bronson's mind, a very sick mind, one supposedly impervious to the psychiatric drugs presently used as cures.

That takes me back to Ebert's 'pure evil' label. I believe in science. I think neuroscience is a ways away from helping Bronson. The medicine is under development in some lab somewhere. Not in time for Bronson, but maybe for the next guy.

As for the portrayal, I wouldn't recognize Fury Road's Tom Hardy as Bronson's Tom Hardy. Tom Hardy is quite an actor.

Comments